Monday 23 February 2009

We have a winner...

Ladies and Gents, Bloggesses and Bloggers, we have a winner - I'll pass you over to Head Judge, Phil Mather...

Hello - I've made my choice for the Winter Photo competition winners!

I see now why people say it's been a difficult job because there were several shots I would genuinely like to hang on the wall - if I was in a winter frame of mind that is.

Okay, with my motorcycle hat (boots, gloves and thermal underwear) on, the overall winner had to be No. 33, the sidecar outfit in the snowy lane - that's a magazine front cover without a doubt! ((Congrats to MZ MARK for this one!))

Second place goes to No. 18, the wonderful snowman because I've never seen one so slim and tall and it makes me smile every time I look at it. ((John from bikeshite.com))

For third place I get seriously professional - No. 12, the view across the snowy landscape with the fence running down the left-hand side (leading the eye in, as we say) and the mountain in the background. It ticks all the right boxes! ((Our Shetland blogger, Geordie claims the last spot))

'Fraid I can't go without mentioning No. 17, the close-up of the multi-coloured leaves ((Jake from Scottish Classic MCC)), and No. 26, the waves rolling into the bay ((little old Slim)) - two totally different approaches to the subject, but equally fantastic in their own right.

There were lots of other good shots too, some pretty traditional, some cleaver, some thoughtful. But that's just the way competitions go.

Thanks to you all for taking part - Phil.







Well there you go, congrats to the top three, especially The One, The Only, The Winner, MZ Mark, who says "The outfit is a 1974 BMW R75/6 with a Russian Dnepr chair, small wheels all round and leading link forks based on those from a BMW R69. It is currently in disgrace due to the failure of the Boyer Bransden ignition unit - I frequently wish I had stayed with MZ outfits!"

I'm working on a little prize or two but I can't tell you what it is, cos I haven't got it yet. Big thanks to all for taking the time to send in a few pics, and thanks to Phil for agreeing to the challenge of judging them...hmmm...I wonder if I can rope him in for a Summer Photo Comp....

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

me me me ...... pick me !!!!

Anonymous said...

Thats made my day ........
2nd spot for me..... how cool is that.

that defo deserves a GBC TeeShirt even if I have to make it myself .... lol

Gorgeous Biker Chick said...

Tee shirt? For 2nd place?? Tsk tsk, we might find a consolation prize for you...hehe

Anonymous said...

Yes John...for second place you get the right to make a GBC T without her lawyers getting after you....lol
I'll just have to make mine and take my chances...;-)

I think Darrell's blue mast pic deserved at least an honorable mention...

Oh well, If I'm not home I'll be out looking for suitable spring pics....

BigBob

Anonymous said...

Well done Mark,thought that one might win.Was good seeing all the pics

kawa

Anonymous said...

I guess I misunderstood the criteria. I thought it was just winter pictures, but apprently they had to have "snow." (sniff, sniff) Snow is hard to find here.
(pout, pout).

But GBC, I did send you a couple of gator pictures.

Anonymous said...

Well I liked your pics Darrell, partly because they were different, afterall how many of us go diving in winter. Or in summer in the north sea, come to that! I thought all the pics were pretty good in different ways - bikers can't be that stupid after all! I thought the little bench was lovely, it looked as though a horse and carriage was just about to come along the road, and then there were the swans and the waves and the gorgeous leaves, and and and..... Well done everyone. What I don't understand is why my superb shot of the orange snow monster wasn't even entered. Pah!!

Anonymous said...

Well done guys!

GBC - just noticed the Cubbies Counties total - over £1,750 now! Excellent! You'll soon be past the £2,000 at this rate

Anonymous said...

Well, Mrs. the orange snow monster did deserve at least a mention. And I have to admit the pictures were beautiful, great scenery up there. Almost makes me want to move to Scotland.
Oh well, guess I'll have to make do and turn on the air conditioning again.

Anonymous said...

Air conditioning. How green is that!

Anonymous said...

Aw, c'mon Mrs., Its very green here. I went to the AMCA show today and temp was 80. And sunny.

Followers

Country Counter

free counters