Thursday 12 February 2009

What an exciting day.




Yesterday was really exciting. I didn't win the lottery or anything dull like that, no, no, I got stuck in the snow coming home last night, had to dig my way out with a blizzard whipping across the open hillside, then, I towed 10 bottles of water up the hill using only GBC power. Mind you, Mrs BC had earlier towed a huge sack of dog food up using only Mrs BC power, so if she could do it....

Right, off to Orkney today, hoping to conquer the county while I'm there but the thing is, I have to get Cubbie down the hill (deep snow) first to even stand a chance of doing so.

Your deadline for the photo comp is FRIDAY 20TH FEB - and my head judge, Phil Mather is popping in regularly to look at the photos. I should be back on Wednesday so take some pics and you can email them to me cubbiescounties AT aultan . com while I'm away (but don't make them tooooo big please!!) and I'll publish them to the blog.

Y'all have a nice week without me :-(

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a nice trip....stop by Scapa Flow and visit the Royal Oak...



BigBobW

Anonymous said...

Whos the strange person with the Tango jacket on??

Enjoy your wee trip BC,hope the weathers better up there.

kawa

Anonymous said...

The week won't be the same without you. Be careful on those roads, make sure Cubbie has his ice tires installed.
Tha is a very nice picture, it looks really..oh whats the word....oh...oh yeah! Cold.

(80 and sunny today)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Just popped in and like your site, but can you explain to me why you have to carry water when you are surrounded by snow.
Regds, Jiasb

Anonymous said...

have a Good Trip BC ... be safe

Gorgeous Biker Chick said...

Hey BigBob, I had my lunch by Scapa Flow on one day, and my evening meals in the Royal.

Hello Jiasb, good to have you on board. It takes an affa lotta snow to make a cuppa tea ya know - and the yellow/brown variety ain't too nice...

Anonymous said...

...bit of a short week...but we're glad for that...we're all glad you're home safe, especially the sheep (gettin' hungry by now I 'spose..lol)




BigBobW

Lindsay said...

Great read as usual BC, keep it up. Glad you made it with little or lets say not to much drama. You have an interesting life. Be Safe.

Followers

Country Counter

free counters