Cubbie suffered a bit of a fuel tap leak. It was ok at home, but by the time Cubbie had waited around a few hours, I came back to find a big petrolly puddle beneath the wee bike. This is my brand new tap, which I purchased for the very reason of replacing the old one - that leaked. This new one seems to bleed from the threads where it screws into the tank and no amount of tightening by the chaps (using a wotcha-call-it, wrench thing with big vicious jaws - ouch!) would stop it. Mr P was going to perform the 'string trick' but the others outvoted him and simply tightened it up even more. To be fair, the leak did ease a bit, but the application of a bit of string wrapped around the thread when back at home, dried it up altogether. Well, it'll save me buying a wotcha-call-it-washer that everyone said I needed!
And onto shed news.....calm down.....it's not that exciting.....
Every time it's rained, heavy or not, I end up with a big puddle of water in the shed. It came in under the left hand wall because as a novice shed floor builder, I made my concrete base bigger than it needed to be, which meant that rather than the walls sitting right on the edge and overlapping it, one side sits about a couple of inches in from the edge. Yes, that means that the rain runs down the wall and under the shed. My Bright Ideas Man came up with a slightly better sounding suggestion than a bead of silicon - fix a length of roofing felt along so that it directs the water off the base. Simple. So I did that the other day, before I did the painting and am pleased to report that even after nearly 36hours of non-stop rain here in the north east of Scotland, the shed floor is bone dry. Well, apart from where it leaks between and under the doors...but they'll be fixed on properly soon and probably have a 'weather board' of sorts too.
I was just about to upload a piccy but blogger is refusing to work, so that's all for now.