Monday 8 June 2009

Bits and BigBobs. And TV stars.

Well, that was a cracking day out. Yesterday, Mrs BC, Captain Bill and I trundled down to the Ayr Classic Bike show, at Fenwick, near Ayr, only a couple of hundred miles each way. I can't tell you anything about it as Old Bike Mart have first call on my report and pics - after that though, you can have the lot. I can say that I met U.N and had a good chat, well, it was good until he told me how much the new bushes (sorry, bearings) for my Skorpy cost - £90? Was that for the small one or the whole lot? Thanks for the pink things - don't worry, I haven't opened them....was gonna get Captain Bill to open them as there was nothing the rules about him not being allowed to open them until Friday, but decided that would be cheating. And I'm not a cheat. Also had the pleasure of making Kathy Bantam Cub's acquaintance, what a lovely lady. It was nice to meet you and thank you for you know what, and good to see Mr Bantam Cub with his Bantam Cub there too. Who else did I meet? Oh yes, Ginger Snaps, a photographer I worked with for a magazine I used to write for, once upon a time oh so long ago, it was good to have a wee chat with you too, most informative. Right, gotta go workies, more later. Had a blether, as they say, with loads of other people, names escape me, and in some cases I didn't know their names, but I knew their faces. I'm like that, if ever you come and talk to me at a show, please remind me of your name, it's my age, ya know! After my celebrity stint handing the trophies out (thank you to the guys and girls of the Ayr Classic MCC for inviting me) and being flashed by the paparazzo, it was time for more chat with owners, more photos of bikes, bought Cubbie a birthday pressie - a new, yes, **BRAND NEW** and therefore hopefully not leaky, fuel tap. Time to go home after that, poor Captain Bill was looking a bit ashen, none of us had managed any lunch due to either working or the massive queue in the food venue, so we nipped up the road a bit and got fish 'n' chips - all part of a healthy, varied and calorie controlled diet. Ahem. Bumped into Kawa who just so happened to have with him a box of useful bits, and left him with a box of Cubbie head bits. They're off to the machine shop ASAP.

And in other news....I submitted my Area Rep report to VMCC HQ and am looking forward to going to the Management Meeting this Friday, 12th June. As I'll have about 5 hours to spare before the meeting, I'll have time for a good look around in the library.

A quick reminder that if you're considering joining us for the Plus1 - the very FIRST PLUS1 on Weds 12th Aug, you need to get your entry form in ASAP as places are limited now. If you need a form, email me (address on the left).

And the reference to BigBobs in the title, it's been affy quiet for a while BigBob, glad to see you've found the "comment" button again! And that goes for the rest of you. Join in, don't be shy. I'm off to see if I can save Shorty a trip north tomorrow in the rain.

PS. Britains Best Drives starring Cubbie and members of the Grampian Classic MCC and various VMCC Sections is on (in some parts of the country) tomorrow - Weds 10th @ 7.30pm. But according to another source, it is on Friday. Just thought I'd warn you.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the Fenwick Show was good, wasn't it? The price of the suspension bearing (not bush) SHOULD be £65, but I imagine I'll be able to find one a LOT cheaper.
Since you've been dropping hints for ages that you want tools, chocolate and pink things for your birthday, that's what you get. Tools and chocolates were easy, but for the pink things I had to ask the assistant in the Ann Summers shop for advice. Hope they're OK!

U.N.

Gorgeous Biker Chick said...

Oh deary me, I'm dreading opening the parcel now. Gulp.

Lynners said...

Haha, everyone always has an exclusive of your story!!

Do you never stop quine?

Gorgeous Biker Chick said...

Not if I can help it hen ;-)

kawa said...

Hope the box of bits comes in handy.

Parts for Cubbies head SHOULD arrive tomorrow, or so I am told.Think the roundgoesintothingys have been made an fitted, just waiting on the uppiedownie things to arrive, thought I would put it down so as you can understand it GBC ;-)

We need some pics on this post, so come on get them on, got to be some the mags dont want

kawa

Gorgeous Biker Chick said...

PATIENCE MIN!!! Sorting a few pics at the mo...

Anonymous said...

Sorry if I've been quiet lately, had a lot to do.
Britain's best drives is being shown at 10pm on friday south of the border for your more southerly fans. Scottish t.v.schedules often differ.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY for the 12th, don't forget to post some pics of your celebrations, Ann Summers pink things optional!!! ;-)

Stuart.

Anonymous said...

Thanks GBC,nice to meet you too.
Very busy show. There were a few skeletons where there once had been people in that food queue though.
"Pink things" Think you might need some female support on this one GBC. I am here if you need me.
Kathy.

John said...

Just seen the second showing of yer TV debut ..... no stopping you now BC ....
Happy birthday btw for friday .... Im expecting some big celebration at Loch Ness ????

john

Gorgeous Biker Chick said...

It's funny how the topic of Ann Summers keeps cropping up. Hmmm. Thought you'd been quiet Stu, good to have you back again, don't forget to set the timer on Friday then! I shall be setting my alarm for 4AM on Friday. Humbug.

Haha, thank you Kathy, us girls gotta stick together ;-)

I'm expecting more of a major embarrassment if Shorty has anything to do with it John, but feel free to take my pressies with you, and make room on the pillion seat for me.

Mrs. B.C. said...

O.K., I've been told off for not commenting for ages. Well, first off there will be no birthday celebrations as the person in question will be away working all day from 4.am until goodness knows when on Friday 12th. On Saturday
we're going to chill out by doing a few relaxing chores around the place, not answering phone calls or e.mails and having a nice supper. Is that exciting enough? Next day is business as usual, as GBC is off to Loch Ness to do bike stuff. Does life get any better, I ask myself. I, meantime, will be trying to get things to grow in soil that is still at winter temperatures with frosts at night. What ever happened to global warming. I suppose it got overtaken by the recession and M.P's stealing from the tax payer. I did, however , collect some very nice lamb from the butcher today, including some yummy sausages which no-one's gonna get except us!!!!! Apologies to U.N. and any one else who doesn't eat meat.

Mrs. B.C said...

And another thing, GBC's gonna make time on the day after her birthday, which is the slobbing out day, to play the keyboard/piano, as it's something she really enjoys and gets very little time to do, so send in your requests now. By the way, everyone sang Happy Birthday to her at the Fenwick Show. Ahhh!!!

Gorgeous Biker Chick said...

Ah yes, the happy birthday sing song thing...I kinda wished I hadn't mentioned it...as George took the mic and started singing I thought any moment now I'm going to be tossed into the crowd and given the birthday bumps! Had a lucky escape though....that time...

Followers

Country Counter

free counters