Tuesday 21 August 2007

On a natural high, baby!


Captain Bill and I set off to the National Assembly of Vintage Motorcycles at Blairgowrie with the Cub in my van and his Connaught on the trailer. It was quite nice to have company (not to mention a supplier of chocolate) for the 3 hour trip. Normally I'd ride down on the MZ with all my camping gear on the back, but the Cub being a somewhat smaller capacity, I thought it best to take the easy option for once. We arrived with plenty of time to spare, even though I was an hour late picking Bill up, and there were some yummy stovies on offer at the pavillion. The banter was good, the UFOs were out in force and a good night was had by all. The rain set in on Saturday morning and stayed for most of the day, on and off, but that couldn't spoil my fun. With Short Stan running a book on the chances of me and Cubby completing the course, I was ever so slightly nervous. Adding to the nerves was the fact that I had no one to follow this time so had to navigate all by my little self. Obviously I can't divulge the results but I can say I'M ON A NATURAL HIGH, and I only took two wrong turns. Captain Bill filled his swag bag at the evening award ceremony and again, a fine night of banter - and counter banter was enjoyed by everyone. I hope to organise a regularity run like this for our North East Section one day. Don't hold your breath though 'cos it probably won't be until about 2010.


****


Puppy is coming along very well, although he's not really a puppy now, at 6 doggy monthshe he must be a teenager by now. He seems to have eaten all his chews and the only toy left is the squeaky one. That's fine, but not when I'm trying to make phone calls! His obedience training is progressing nicely, and he's nearly mastered the Sit and Stay while I throw said Squeaky for him. He still thinks it funny to sit on Uncle Barney's head though, which doesn't help the poor old chap, whose head is permenantly to one side.


****


Must start making a list of things to take to the Manx....and look up campsites....and dry the tent out after the deluge last weekend....and get the tyres fitted on the MZ....and....and....oh yeah, go to work. Humbug.


No comments:

Followers

Country Counter

free counters