Friday 29 July 2011

Trophy time again.

You may recall that last August, Pilot Rae and I, were crowned International World Scottish Trials-ish Champions, or similar, for riding various trials bikes at a trial where no-one knew us, along the road from the S&T (the first part of the Scottish Double), plus, at the S&T, GBC was awarded a trophy for being the "Best Sidecar Passenger". Well, we get to keep that invisible trophy but as it's almost time for the Double again, the organisers of the S&T would like their trophy back. No panic. Grab it off the sideboard, give it a quick dust, and rush into Turriff Tackle & Trophies to have it engraved - and the engraving lady was able to do it while I waited, so I thought I'd take a few piccies for you...


Setting it up on the machine...

Like so...
Laying out the words and choosing the font, spacing and size...

Then the machine whirrs into life and a few mins later...
The small shield is ready to be positioned, drilled and pinned to the wooden shield...
Just like this. Sadly I won't be able to attend the S&T this year to defend my title, as I have to be at a local rally - the organisers of which are kindly lending us their marquee for the Plus1. But everyone at the S&T, y'all have a good time now - I can't remember the last time I wasn't there.


Huge thanks to Turrif Tackle & Trophies for the swift engraving.

3 comments:

Hairy Larry said...

CNC for GBC.

Bodger said...

Won't be there due to other commitments.....ah good, I think I have acahnce of winning it then!

Anonymous said...

Busy busy.

ng:)

Followers

Country Counter

free counters