Follow GBC with email updates by entering your email addy here...

Friday, 29 July 2011

Trophy time again.

You may recall that last August, Pilot Rae and I, were crowned International World Scottish Trials-ish Champions, or similar, for riding various trials bikes at a trial where no-one knew us, along the road from the S&T (the first part of the Scottish Double), plus, at the S&T, GBC was awarded a trophy for being the "Best Sidecar Passenger". Well, we get to keep that invisible trophy but as it's almost time for the Double again, the organisers of the S&T would like their trophy back. No panic. Grab it off the sideboard, give it a quick dust, and rush into Turriff Tackle & Trophies to have it engraved - and the engraving lady was able to do it while I waited, so I thought I'd take a few piccies for you...


Setting it up on the machine...

Like so...
Laying out the words and choosing the font, spacing and size...

Then the machine whirrs into life and a few mins later...
The small shield is ready to be positioned, drilled and pinned to the wooden shield...
Just like this. Sadly I won't be able to attend the S&T this year to defend my title, as I have to be at a local rally - the organisers of which are kindly lending us their marquee for the Plus1. But everyone at the S&T, y'all have a good time now - I can't remember the last time I wasn't there.


Huge thanks to Turrif Tackle & Trophies for the swift engraving.

3 comments:

Hairy Larry said...

CNC for GBC.

Bodger said...

Won't be there due to other commitments.....ah good, I think I have acahnce of winning it then!

Anonymous said...

Busy busy.

ng:)

Followers

Country Counter

free counters