Well I'm surprised. After the 'grungy' cable episode in the Lothians, I decided to make an effort to lube Cubbie's cables properly. I confess, up until today, all I've done is squirt some WD40 down them and hoped for the best. I carried out a little bitta research on http://www.cubsite.com/ and http://www.classicbike.net/ on the best way to oil one's cables, and decided that I wasn't going to buy a fancy hydraulic cable oiler for a tenner, I was going to do it the DIY way - make a wee funnel from a plastic bottle. It's a right fiddle trying to get the springy plastic a good tight fit around the cable but with help from Mrs BC, I finally got it taped to the clutch cable and filled it with oil. Asda / 3-in-1 oil. A few hours later and I'm surprised to find the oil has gone - and it hasn't been leaking 'cos there's no oil running down the outside of the cable, so I can only assume that it's worked. Will set it up on the throttle cable tomorrow.
Between us, we finished some weed removal and planted 3 rows of tatties today, some Jersey Royal and Vivaldi, killed my back and my knee, and there are hundreds more to go. Have to finish the digging the other bit of ground first though. Doesn't look like I'll be going to the Spring Surprise hosted by the Scottish Classic club on Sunday; things to do here, and work in the afternoon.
The gliding is off too. Heavy rain and a generally miserable forecast for Tuesday.
Gotta go, cats to worm. Sleep tight.