Monday 16 June 2008

Inspector GBC!




Well, what's been going on? Thursday, the anniversary of my birth, I took the day off work to catch up with stuff down on the farm. Spent a while strimming, then Fido came over and took a look at Cubbie's timing 'cos it was running a wee bitty hot on the Ayrshire / Dumfries-shire / Wigtonshire trip. He made sure I'd gapped the points correctly (which I'm sure I had but he gapped them again to be sure, to be sure) and then we thought it was just a simple case of slackening the retaining nut 'n' bolt on the mushroom and turning it one way or t'other. Hmmm, mushroom appeared to be seized. Nothing would shift it except a gentle tap from a wooden mallet...Good ol' Fido eventually persuaded it to move and timed it up, odd though that the timing marks on the mushroom and fixed gasket were in line, yet re-timing now means the marks are quite a way apart. But the good thing is the bike still starts and seemed to run ok....just to need to take it for a spin now....oh so little time for test rides! Half way through the timing drill Vic turned up to fix the water pump - not on Cubbie I hasten to add. Nothing wrong with it apart from an annoying little dribble. Thought he'd sorted it but no sooner had I made him a coffee, by way of a reward, it started leaking again. Anyway, being my birfday Mrs BC wanted to cook up a delightful meal so Vic and Fido duly left and she got on with the cooking. Mmmmmm - salmon, noodles, mange tout, baby corn, oriental sauce (excuse any spelling errors but I'm in a hurry, rather late for work!). Mrs BC is a great cook!

I'm not even going to mention Friday 13th. Nope. Not once.

Sunday saw me firing up the MZ Skorpion and heading to the Black Isle to inspect a bike on behalf of the MZ club. A great responsibility. Had a nice ride north apart from being frozen most of the way, oh and it rained...and did I mention it was fffffreezing? Then, at Inverness, just after I'd filtered past a line of traffic at the first roundabout, I spied a police car in a side road. Was going to filter again but thought better of it. Checked my mirrors as I approached the Tesco roundabout and uh-oh, I had company. Now that's a nasty feeling, seeing that brightly coloured motor lurking a few feet behind, silently hovering like a shark, watching my every move. Now I wasn't having the best of times on the wet roads with the Continental tyres, somehow I've got it into my head they're not as grippy as the Bridgestones I've always used before, and having a cop car right on my tail didn't help. Indicate, lifesaver, move across to the right lane, wobble round the 'bout and exit to the north. Still being followed. Sit at 50mph on the dual carriageway. Still can't shake them off, then all of a sudden, just as I was thinking oh that's it, the next layby is where they'll pull me, they obviously got bored and cleared off, not even bothering to signal as they exited the roundabout. Still, they can do stuff like that, well I hope they went on to have a nice successful day catching criminals in Inverness - I've heard there are quite a few there these days. Anyway, over the Kessock Bridge to the Tor roundabout, gale force winds howling, rain pinging off my visor, then back south to Beauly and the sunshine, followed by a stint on a nice little back road to Kev's place, checked the bike over, had a good old chat about bikes, all seemed well with the MZ in question, so I toddled off home.

Life on the farm has been, er, interesting lately. Lambing finally over, 13 in total, got the last o them out today in the sunshine. Raining now tho, poor wee mites. The story of Joey and her tail continues. Took her in to have the stitches removed from her tail and tummy to find out her internal ones had burst so she had to stay in again, be re-opened and stitched again. So thats another week or so for her to take it easy. Geoffrey (one of our other cats) came home a couple of days ago with a bite on his face, and this morning tottered in with a swollen leg, and Doolie (our other other cat) had a bite on the edge of his eye a few weeks ago. Our neighbours cat had its head slashed open recently too, so it looks like there is one heck of a nasty moggy (or something??) on the prowl out there.

Oh, message for John from Bikeshite, the Skye trip should be in the NEXT CBG, I guess that is....August....

Must thank a few faces from http://www.classicbike.net/ for their sponsorship....you know who you are guys!
Right, I'm off...promise I'll pop some Shetland / Ayr pics up tomorrow.....promise!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

any cat called Geoffrey is always going to come home beaten up .....lolol
how can you have cred down the alley with a name like Geoffrey ???

Gorgeous Biker Chick said...

John we aren't to blame! We rescued both Joey and Geoffrey...poor lad tho, I think he prefers Jeff with a J.

Anonymous said...

Are we going to get any lamb pics?

BigBob

Gorgeous Biker Chick said...

Yeah yeah yeah Bigbob, they're on the way...

Anonymous said...

thanx...BigBob

Anonymous said...

Baaaaaaaaahhh!!!

Followers

Country Counter

free counters